DELIVEROO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact email@example.com before you place an order. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full please do not use our Service.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Website is operated by Roofoods Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Deliveroo Hong Kong Limited ("we" or "us" or "Deliveroo") is a company incorporated in Hong Kong and operating a business where the food is prepared by independent restaurants (our "Partner Restaurants") and delivered by us.
The purpose of our Service is to provide a simple and convenient service to you, linking you to the Partner Restaurant and menu of their choice and allowing you to order Meals from them. Deliveroo markets Meals on behalf of our Partner Restaurants, concludes orders on their behalf and delivers the Meals to you.
3. SERVICE AVAILABILITY
Deliveroo offers an ordering and delivery service from our Partner Restaurants in Hong Kong. Each Partner Restaurant has a prescribed delivery area. This is to ensure that their Meals reach your door when they are at their best. If you live outside the delivery areas, a message will appear on screen notifying you that ordering online will not be possible. We do not accept orders from individuals outside the delivery areas where we do not have a Partner Restaurant. Operating hours will vary depending on local trading conditions and the availability of our Partner Restaurants. Please click on the relevant link to view the menus on our Service, and then click on your chosen menu which will provide you with the option to submit your order to your chosen Partner Restaurant.
When you place an order through our Service, an email thanking you for your order and confirming your order has been received and accepted by the Partner Restaurant (the "Confirmation Email") will be sent to you by us on behalf of the Partner Restaurant. The contract for the supply of any Meal you order through us will be between you and the Partner Restaurant and will only be formed when you have been sent the Confirmation Email by us. Please ensure that you have given us a correct email address as this is how we will communicate with you about your Order. Please also ensure that you provide an accurate address and telephone number to ensure that your Meals arrive to the correct location. If you do not open the door or respond to telephonic correspondence within 10 minutes of our delivery drivers physically reaching your address, we reserve the right to leave the premises, and you will be charged for the Meal. Deliveroo seeks to provide a quality service and will be the first contact in event in there is a problem with your Meal either in regards to food quality and/or temperature. We do monitor our Partner Restaurants very closely and it is of utmost importance to us that they comply with our standards and help us to maintain our reputation. Please let us know if you have any comments relating to our Partner Restaurants or in respect of the Meals by emailing or calling us.
All Meals are subject to availability. Your Partner Restaurant may offer an alternative for any Meal it cannot provide you with. Our Partner Restaurants may use nuts in the preparation of certain Meals. Please call our Partner Restaurant prior to ordering if you have an allergy. Deliveroo cannot guarantee that any of the Meals sold by our Partner Restaurants are free of allergens.
6. SALE OF ALCOHOL
Persons placing an order for alcohol from our Partner Restaurants must be aged 18 or over. Alcoholic beverages can only be sold and delivered to persons aged 18 or over. Deliveroo operates the Challenge 25 age verification policy whereby customers who are lucky enough not to look 25 or over, will be asked to provide proof of age to show that they are aged 18 or over. By placing an order that includes alcohol, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. Deliveroo reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who does not appear, or cannot prove they are, aged 18 or over. Deliveroo also reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.
7. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
Our aim is to provide the best delivery service possible. Unfortunately things do not always go to plan and factors, such as traffic conditions and weather, may occasionally prevent us from achieving our targets in this regard. We will do our best to ensure that your Meal is delivered by the time specified in the email and webpage. The timing of your order is determined by taking into account the number of orders and the circumstances being faced by the Partner Restaurant at that time.
You have the right to cancel an order within a reasonable time and before the order becomes a Started Order. A Partner Restaurant will classify a bad order as any order which is cancelled after food has been used to start preparing the order (a "Started Order"). Customers can cancel an order by contacting the Partner Restaurant. Deliveroo and the Partner Restaurant may cancel any order and will tell you once we cancel an order. You will not be charged for any orders cancelled in accordance with this clause. Any payment made prior to an order being cancelled by Deliveroo or a Partner Restaurant will be reimbursed usually using the same method you used to pay for your order. Any order cancelled after it becomes a Started Order will be charged to you. For the purposes of this Clause, Deliveroo alone will determine whether an order is a Started Order or not.
9. PRICE AND PAYMENT
The price of any Meals will be listed on our Service. Prices will vary between menus. Prices posted on the Website are liable to change at any time, please confirm the latest prices available on the Website before you make an order, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which you have been presented with the Confirmation Email.
Despite our best efforts, some of the Meals listed on our Service may be incorrectly priced and in the case of an obvious pricing mistake, whereby we will notify you as soon as we can about the pricing issue, you will be able to cancel your order once we notify you of a pricing mistake. The relevant Partner Restaurant will normally verify prices as part of the order process. Payment for all Meals can be made by credit or debit card through our Service. Once your order has been confirmed your credit or debit card will have been authorised and the amount marked for payment. Payment is made directly to Deliveroo and is subsequently passed on by Deliveroo to the Partner Restaurant. We are authorised by our Partner Restaurants to accept payment on their behalf and payment of the price of any Meals to us will discharge your obligations to pay such price to the Partner Restaurant.
10. OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, Deliveroo provides our Service and content on an "as-is" and "as available" basis and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of our Service, or that it will be timely or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Subject as provided below, Deliveroo shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from your use of or your inability to use our Service, or any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. In the event that Deliveroo is found to be liable to you our total aggregate liability is limited to the purchase price of the Meals you have paid for in your order. Nothing in this Clause shall operate so as to limit or exclude in any way Deliveroo's liability for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
11. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
No party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations under these terms arising from any cause beyond its control including, without limitation, any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in clause 11 shall excuse the Customer from any payment obligations under these terms.
No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
If any provision of these terms becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this Clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
Each party acknowledges that in entering into these terms it has not relied upon any oral or written statements, collateral or other warranties, assurances, representations or undertakings which were made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the subject-matter of these terms at any time before the date of these terms (together "Pre-Contractual Statements"), other than those which are set out in these terms.
Each party hereby waives all rights and remedies which might otherwise be available to it in relation to such Pre-Contractual Statements.
Nothing in this clause shall exclude or restrict the liability of either party arising out of its pre-contract fraudulent misrepresentation or fraudulent concealment.
15. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
16. LAW AND JURISDICTION
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our Site and our Service are operated by Roofoods Limited ("we", "us" or "Deliveroo"), registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at 1 Cousin Lane, London, EC4R 3TE, United Kingdom. Our Company registration number is 08167130. Our VAT number is 150 0190 65. Deliveroo Hong Kong Limited ("Deliveroo HK") is a company incorporated in Hong Kong and operating a business in Hong Kong where the food is prepared by independent restaurants (our "Partner Restaurants") and delivered by Deliveroo HK.
2. ACCESSING OUR SERVICE OR OUR SERVICES
Access to our Site and to our Service is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to our Site or our Service without notice (see below). We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Site or our Service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site or our Service, or our entire Site or Service to users who have registered with us. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of your login details and any activities that occur under your account. If you have any concerns about your login details or think they have been misused, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org straight away to let us know. We can deactivate your account at any time.
3. ACCEPTABLE USE
You may use our Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site or our Service: (i) in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; (ii) in any way that is fraudulent, or has any fraudulent purpose or effect; (iii) for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; (iv) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards in clause 5 below; (v) to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation; or (vi) to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You must not attack our Site and our Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Site or our Service or any network, equipment or software used in the provision of our Service or our Site.
4. INTERACTIVE FEATURES OF OUR SITE
5. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Service (the "Contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contributions as well as to its whole. Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in Hong Kong and in any country from which they are posted. Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, promote sexually explicit material or promote violence or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or promote any illegal activity;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
6. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site or our Service;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site or our Service;
- issuing of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this clause are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner of or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site and our Service, and in the material published on it (excluding your Contributions). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any content on our Site or in our Service in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
8. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our Site or our Service are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Site or our Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site and our Service, to the extent permitted by law, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site and our Service is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
9. OUR SITE AND OUR SERVICE CHANGE REGULARLY
We aim to update our Site and our Service regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site and our Service, or close them indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site or our Service may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
10. OUR LIABILITY
We have taken every care in the preparation of our Site and our Service. However, we will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in relation to such content on our Site and our Service or for any technical problems you may experience with our Site or our Service. If we are informed of any inaccuracies on our Site or in our Service we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
We do not guarantee that our Site and our Service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site or our Service. You should use your own virus protection software.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, in tort or otherwise) for loss or damage, any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, arising under or in connection with: (i) the use of, or inability to use, our Site or our Service; (ii) a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or our Service or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it; and (iii) any website linked to our Site or our Service and any materials posted on it.
Nothing in this Clause shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
11. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE AND USE OF OUR SERVICE
12. UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE AND OUR SERVICE
Any material you upload to our Service our Website or data that we collect as set out above (Clause 11) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and your upload must comply with the acceptable use requirements and content standards set out in Clause 3 and Clause 5 respectively.
You acknowledge and agree that we have the right to use, copy, distribute, sell and disclose to third parties any such material or data for any purpose related to our business. To the extent that such material is protected by intellectual property rights, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, copy, modify, distribute, sell and disclose to third parties any such material or data for any purpose related to our business.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content that you post or upload to our Site or our Service constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site or our Service.
We have the right to remove any materials you post on our Site or our Service if, in our opinion, your material or post does not comply with the the acceptable use requirements and content standards set out in Clause 3 and Clause 5 respectively.
The views expressed by other users on our Site or our Service do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
13. LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our Site or our Service contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Site or our Service in any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
14. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
16. YOUR CONCERNS
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site or our Service, please contact email@example.com
Voucher Terms & Conditions
- All discounts, vouchers or codes only apply to first orders for new customers of Deliveroo unless otherwise stated.
- A new customer is defined as someone who registers, makes a meal selection and enters the discount or voucher code specified on the advert, coupon or leaflet, at checkout during their order procedure.
- A minimum spend is applicable in order to validate and use any discount, voucher or code.
- Unless otherwise stated, all discounts, vouchers or codes must be redeemed within one calendar month.
- All promotional validity dates are specified on the adverts, coupons or leaflets, please refer to the summary terms on these pieces of artwork for exact and further information specific to that promotion and its promotional period.
- Alcohol will only be supplied to those aged 18+.
- Only one discount, voucher or code can be used per order and each discount, voucher or code can only be used once per person.
- Any discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Deliveroo offer.
- Discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives and have no monetary value.
- Cancelled orders will invalidate the use of that code on an account.
- All discounts, vouchers and codes can only be used on one order, any remaining credit from that discount, voucher or code cannot be carried forward to any additional or subsequent orders.
- Discounts, vouchers or codes may be provided on a customer service basis and will be applied to the customer’s account in the form of credit which has to be used in one order.
- Any attempt to manipulate the system and use of discounts, vouchers or codes by use of bulk entry via third parties or syndicates, macros, 'script', 'brute force', masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), will render the order and use of that discount, voucher or code invalid and may potentially lead to that account being closed down.
- If for any reason a discount, voucher or code becomes invalid due to technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Deliveroo, or a meal or restaurant becomes unavailable, Deliveroo reserves the right (to the extent permitted under applicable law) to cancel, suspend or modify the campaign that is related to that discount, voucher or code and not re-issue any additional discounts, vouchers or codes to affected customers.
- Deliveroo reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid redemptions including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a customer.
- By redeeming the discount, voucher or code, customers agree to release Deliveroo, to the extent permitted under law, from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the campaign or with the acceptance or possession of any order. Nothing in this Clause shall operate to limit or exclude Deliveroo's liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- All meals and restaurants are subject to availability.
Deliveroo Corporate Gift Card Terms and Conditions
1. How do I redeem my Gift Card?
Deliveroo gift cards ("Gift Cards") may only be redeemed toward the purchase of Meals from our Service. To redeem the credit loaded on your Gift Card, enter the unique promo code on the Gift Card at the checkout when you order your next Meal and your Deliveroo account will be credited with the amount loaded on your Gift Card(“Credit”).
You may use your Credit to order multiple Meals from our Service (i.e. your Credit is not limited to one order). If a purchase of any Meal exceeds your Credit, the remaining amount of your order must be paid with another Payment Method. If a purchase of any Meal is less than your Credit, the balance of your Credit will remain loaded to your account for future purchases. To view your Credit balance, visit your Deliveroo account.
No fees apply to Gift Cards.
2. When does my Gift Card expire?
- Gift Card Expiry Date
You must redeem your Gift You must redeem your Gift Card on or prior to the expiration date statedon the gift cardor e-voucher (as applicable). If there is no expiry date specified on the Gift Card, Gift Cards will expire on the date that is 12 months after the date the Gift Card was purchased(“Gift Card Expiry Date”). Any Creditnot redeemed by the Gift Card Expiry Date will expire and you will be unable to use that Credit to purchase Meals from our Service or load that Credit to your Deliveroo account.
- DeliverooCredit Expiry Date
Once you have redeemed your Gift Card, you must use any Credit within 30 days of loading such amount(“Credit Expiry Date”), whether or not that 30 day period expires before or after the Gift Card Expiry Date. Any Credit not used by the Credit Expiry Date will be deducted from your Deliveroo account. To be clear, once the Gift Card has been redeemedand the Credit loaded to your Deliveroo account, the Credit Expiry Date will apply to that Credit (and not the Gift Card Expiry Date).
3. What I can’t use my Gift Card for
Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other Deliveroo Gift Cards. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Unused Credit loaded to a Deliverooaccount may not be transferred to another Deliveroo account.
4. What happens if my Gift Card is lost, stolen or destroyed?
Gift Cards should be treated as cash.They cannot be replaced if lost, stolenor damaged. The risk of loss and title for Gift Cardspasses to the purchaser upon delivery of the Gift Cards to the purchaser.Deliveroo is not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
5. Having problems activating your Gift Card?
If you are having issues activating your Gift Card, contact the Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Can I purchase Gift Cards?
If you are a corporate client, you are eligible to place an order for the purchase of Deliveroo Gift Cards (“Order”). Following the placement of your Order, Deliveroo will issue to you an invoice for your Order. Payment for your Order must be made via bank transfer within 14 days of receipt of the invoice for your Order. Deliveroo is under no obligation to issue to you any Gift Cards until full payment for your Order has been received by Deliveroo. Contact email@example.com for further details.
Deliveroo has the right to close customer accounts and take payment from alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on our Service.
8. Limitation of Liability
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SOME OR ALL THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Gift Cards are issued by Deliveroo Hong Kong Limited, a company incorporated in Hong Kong. When you purchase, receive or redeem a Gift Card, you agree that the laws of Hong Kongwill govern these Gift Card terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in our discretion. Notices of changes to these terms and conditions will be made available on the Deliveroo website. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
Deliveroo has a privacypolicy (available on the Deliveroo website), which applies to the extent we may collect or handle any personal information in connection with the Gift Cards.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: This Promotion is open to selected Deliveroo users ('you/user') aged 18 or over who have completed at least 1 Deliveroo orders.
- To take part: Simply share your unique link with a friend or relative (aged 18 or over) who you think would benefit from the Deliveroo service (referral). For every person that you have referred, who then goes on to place a Deliveroo order using that unique link, you will receive an amount in Deliveroo credits as stated in the promotional materials. The friend or relative must not live at the same address as you.
- Promotion Period: You will be able to submit referrals from April 2016 and the promotion will continue until revoked by us.
- Deliveroo credits are subject to the usual order conditions and the above Voucher Terms and Conditions. A minimum total spend of $105.00 is applicable and credits must be redeemed within three calendar months. There will be a processing time of up to seven days after the date of a successful referral before credits will be applied to your account. Credits have no cash value and are non-transferable.
- There is a maximum of 50 of names that you can recommend, subject to the above criteria. We reserve the right to change the maximum number of referrals at any time.
- Any attempt to manipulate the system and use of credits by use of bulk entry via third parties or syndicates, macros, 'script', 'brute force', masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), will render the credits invalid and may potentially lead to that account being closed down.
- If for any reason a credit becomes invalid due to technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Deliveroo, or a menu item or restaurant becomes unavailable, Deliveroo reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion and not re-issue any additional credits affected customers.
- Deliveroo reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid redemptions including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a customer.
- By redeeming the credits, customers agree to release Deliveroo from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance or possession of any purchase of menu items and / or delivery charges (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- All menu items and restaurants are subject to availability.
- Deliveroo delivery terms and conditions apply – please see: https://deliveroo.hk/legal.
- No responsibility is accepted for referrals that are lost, corrupted or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Unique codes should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can share your invite link with your personal connections via social media where you are the primary content owner. Public distribution on sites where you are a contributor but not the primary content owner (e.g., Wikipedia, coupon websites) is not allowed. Promoting your referral code via Search Engine Marketing (e.g., AdWords/Yahoo/Bing) is also not allowed.
- By taking part in this promotion you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion will be governed by the laws of England and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter: Deliveroo Hong Kong Limited, Suites 406-409, 4/F Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen's Road East, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Our Environmental Policy is to be a responsible corporate citizen in protecting the environment. We are committed to complying with accepted environmental practices, including the commitment to meet or exceed applicable legal and other requirements, to strive for continual improvement in our environmental management system, and to minimise the creation of waste and pollution. We will, therefore, manage our processes, our materials and our people in order to reduce the environmental impact on our work.
Deliveroo have set out the following main objectives:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle waste and packaging.
- Improve the efficiency of energy usage.
- Constantly review aspects, objectives and targets.
- Understand the requirements of customers, authorities and agencies.
The Company Environmental Policy forms the basis of Environmental Planning and the identification of environmental impacts with the organisation. However, it is acknowledged that where specifically requested by customers, and ascertained at contractual planning and agreement stage, additional requirements may be produced as required.
To confirm our commitment the Company management has developed a comprehensive policy statement appropriate to our operations as described below. This policy enables us to set objectives towards sustainable environmental improvement, which can be measured and monitored regularly and in turn contribute to the prevention of pollution and future protection of the environment
Due to the nature of our Company business, i.e. service industry and not manufacturing industry, we do not use toxic materials or substances in the carrying out of our business.
The Chief Executive has specific responsibility for policy development, co-ordination and evaluation of performance. Deliveroo is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment by means of a programme of continual improvement.
In particular Deliveroo will:
- Ensure appropriate resources will continually be made to ensure the environmental policy is implemented in full.
- Discuss environmental issues with all employees, conduct training programmes and encourage best implementation practice by all Deliveroo personnel.
- Meet, and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation. Where no regulations exist we shall set our own exacting standards.
- Work with suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy.
- Seek to reduce the following:
- Consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose wherever possible and to promote recycled materials.
- Ensure all our vehicles are replaced at economic intervals and regularly undergo normal servicing where the key factor is the exhaust emission produced by these vehicles and also ensure they are well below the limits set by the Department of Transport.
- Noise, visual and other impacts on the local environment.
Regular review and monitoring of environmental performance will be actioned to ensure our environmental objectives and targets as described are maintained at all times.
Additionally this Environmental Policy Statement will be made available to all interested parties at all times.
Environmental Management Review Meetings
At intervals not exceeding six months an Environmental Management Review Meeting is held by each Branch Manager and relevant Company personnel.
The objectives of these meetings are primarily to:
- Review the environmental management system, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Ensure the requirements and objectives of the Company Environment Policy continue to be maintained.
- Sustain continuous improvement in overall environmental performances.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable legislation and other requirements.
The review meetings are held to a formal agenda and address the possible need for changes to policy, objectives and other elements of the environmental managements system.
Training, Awareness and Competence
The Company is committed to ensure that all personnel whose work may make an impact on the environment receive adequate and appropriate training.
The primary objective in ensuring appropriate training is to confirm that Company personnel performing tasks which can cause significant environmental impacts shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training and/or experience.
Main elements of this training include the following:
- Identification of environmental requirements.
- Awareness of significant environmental impacts, which can be actual or potential, on their respective work activities.
- Awareness of and conformance to, the Company’s Environmental Management System.
- Awareness of potential consequences of departure from specified environmental operating procedure.
The Company establishes and maintains procedures for adequate communication, both internal and external, in relation to environmental issues, functions and documentation. Lines of communication are defined in applicable procedures.
All environmental records relevant to the Company’s Environmental Management System procedures and requirements are maintained, stored, identified, indexed and made readily retrievable.
The records are both identifiable and traceable to the activity, product or service involved.
The control of environmental records rests with Company personnel who have the responsibility for authority and verification.
Environmental System Management Audits
The Environment Manager schedules audits at intervals of not more than six months. Company personnel who have been trained in environmental auditing and are independent of the function being audited carry out these audits. Outside independent sources may be used.
This audit includes, but not limited to:
- Environmental Policy, Objectives and Targets
- Environmental Document Control
- Environmental Operation Control
- Environmental Training
- Non-conformance and corrective and preventative action
The results of the environmental audits are issued to personnel responsible for identified corrective and preventative actions, who ensure that such actions are effective in their objectives.